Definition: (adjective) (of an action or gesture) carried out with a minimum of effort or reflection.
Replaces: hasty, careless
I personally love this word because it's a grown-up way to say "half-ass." I'm certain you've never written an essay in a perfunctory manner but for those times that you want to express how your classmate did a perfunctory job in contributing to your group project or tell your boyfriend that he gave you a perfunctory kiss and he needs to step it up, it's perfect!
Writing #things down will always be super fun with one of these pens.
KitMax Cool Cartoon Animal Ballpoint Pens
Price: $6.99 at amazon.com
There you have it!
Seventeen scholarly words that are sure to blow away your English teacher!
I hope that after adding these words to your vocabulary, your writing will improve, but I know there are plenty of fabulous words I didn’t mention!
What are some of your favorite words to use in your essays?
This article was written in collaboration with editor Sabrina Yates and Lisa Washington
- 25🗣Words to Use for Girls 💁🏼Trying to Sound👂🏼Super 💡Intelligent💡 ...
- Hot Celebrity Men
- What You Need to Consider 🤔 Your First Semester in College 🏢 ...
- Super Cute Ways to Say Goodnight 😴 to Your Boo 💏 for Girls Who Are in Love 💋 ...
- Sensational 🤗 Dorm Room 🏢 Inspos for Those Who Want a Gorgeous 😍 Room ...
- Infographics for Students Who Need to Ace a Paper ...