I was an awkward teenager.
Nothing really fit together properly;
I was shy and not at all confident.
I suppose most people are.
I wouldn't relive those years for anything, but I wish I'd known what I know now - about myself, about life in general.
I'm sure I'll say the same thing about right now in ten years’ time, but such is the unfairness of life.
There are a few things in particular I wish I’d known and I wanted to share them here because, if any of you are struggling with any of these things now, I promise you that they won’t seem so important in a few years’ time.
1. If You Don’t Know What You Want to Be
How many times are we asked in school and then college what we want to do ‘when we’re older’?
Few people are lucky enough to know exactly what they want to do (and even fewer are lucky enough to actually do it) so if you have no idea, it really doesn’t matter.
I’ve been working for three years and I still don’t know what I want to do.
Concentrate on finding out WHO you are, not what you want to be.
- 19 Things a Teenager Must Know: Your Ultimate Teenage Survival Guide ...
- Dating a Gemini Man
- The Best Bits of Wisdom for Teenagers Everywhere ...
- 25 College 🎓 Scholarships 💰 That Are a Godsend to Girls in Need 🙏🏼 ...
- 7 Things All Teenage Girls Fear That You Can Stop Worrying about ...
- 17 Things No Teen 🙅🏼🙅🏽🙅🏿🙅🏻 Should Ever Be Insecure 😔 about ...